RE: Recommended Init File for Standby

From: Rodrigues, Bryan <BRodrigues_at_elcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:19:24 -0800

Hi Kevin,

I guess all I have is more questions:

  1. What else do you have running on the server that has your standby database?
  2. What is the purpose of the standby database (disaster recovery or reporting)?
  3. If it is for disaster recovery, shouldn't the settings on the standby reflect the settings for your non standby database or are you looking at handling bare essentials and not your normal capacity?

Maybe some of the answers to these questions will help answer your question to the settings.

Bryan Rodrigues

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: klange_at_ppoone.com

Author: Rodrigues, Bryan
  INET: BRodrigues_at_elcom.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jul 11 2003 - 16:19:24 CDT