Re: High availability and upgrades

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:05:47 -0700

Hi!

I wouldn't call it replication, because data is not replicated from one database to other. The DML feed always goes from app servers to all active databases. One database doesn't even have to know about existence of other one during normal operations, it's done on app server (client) level.

Since all databases are always in sync, there is no need for complicated conflict resolution or similar mechanisms. But this concept definitely has it's gotchas, like every system out there.

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]