Re: strange library cache lock/ping wait event

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:36:45 -0700

Hi, yong:

        This is the database of my friend, and it is in beijing.
         I have found some suspected question and asked them to modify the
application to see if this works. They used row level security. I traced the session with most library cache lock/pin wait event and found two procedure have caused most of the wait. I look into the source code and the common point is that there is enable/disable policy in the procedure.With some simple test, enable/disable policy can cause sql invalidation. This will cause sql reparse.

        I have asked my friend to modify their application and see if there is still hang. I will let you know if there is new message from him.

    Thanks.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:[EMAIL PROTECTED]