RE: Why does it take so long to write archive logs

From: John Carlson <jcarlson_at_cj.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:15:43 -0700

I had a similar problem on 9.2 and, just as you describe, I could watch the file on the remote location and the byte count would show the whole file was there but the alert log file would not show the archive complete for as long an one hour. When it did finally complete, the byte count on the remote file did not change. I worked with Oracle for several month before they finally convinced me it was a network problem. I do not really know anything about networks so I cannot really help you but our Unix admin guys made some changes in the network and the problem went away. Sorry, I cannot give you more info because we were also in the process of changing out a lot of hardware including network hardware so there is no magic parameter I can tell you to change. Just talk to your network gurus and hopefully, they can figure it out.

HTH,
John

Author: Rodrigues, Bryan
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: John Carlson
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 18:15:43 CDT