RE: Microsoft VS Oracle (again)

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:50:50 -0700

Interesting. For some reason, the term "transparent failover" sticks in my head. Then again, I was remembering incorrectly. The Oracle Workload Generator demo was for load-balanced queries between the two nodes of the RAC. The failover was a SQL statement run from SQL*Plus, which probably comes "TAF aware" or can be made to with a simple relinking.

Thanks for the clarification, Nick!

Rich

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]