RE: Automate an update

From: Chelur, Jayadas {PBSG} <jayadas.chelur_at_pepsi.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:28:05 -0700

why not create a view like this ...

SELECT 'Y' AS FLAG
FROM DUAL
WHERE TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'HH24MI') BETWEEN '0800' AND '1600' UNION ALL
SELECT 'N' AS FLAG
FROM DUAL
WHERE TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'HH24MI') NOT BETWEEN '0800' AND '1600';   that would have the flag on and off without an update ... and you can other tables with
this view to implement the actual logic ...

HTH -----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 5:41 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi all,

I need help in order to create a following "mechanism".

I have a table where is a column called window_open and it has two values 'Y' and 'N'

Now I need to automate the update a single row based on following rules:

If time is between 08:00-16:00 the value on that window_open column should be 'Y' during other period the value should be 'N'. How can I do this and automate the task...

Thanks in advance,

Joshua

Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo! <http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html> Express

Author: Chelur, Jayadas {PBSG}
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 12:28:05 CDT