Re: Automate an update

From: AK <oramagic_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:05:57 -0700

This may be complex but I think can work ,
create a payload in advanced queue with delay=8hrs ( or whatever ). run a job(immediately..no future timing) which listens to this advaced queue . As soon as job gets the event in queue (after 8hrs) it will update the column based on logic ( if time = ...blah blah ) and at the end it will insert another item in queue with delay=8hrs . So in 24hrs job will get  3 payloads and check the timing at that time .. . This job will be running in an infinite loop .
You can create some other procedure to stop it , by sending some particuler item in queue .

As usual there might be more methods you will be getting in few minutes :)

-Ak
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr

  Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 2:40
  AM
  Subject: Automate an update

  Hi all,

  I need help in order to create a following "mechanism".

  I have a table where is a column called window_open and it has two values   'Y' and 'N'

  Now I need to automate the update a single row based on following   rules:

  If time is between 08:00-16:00 the value on that window_open column   should be 'Y' during other period the value should be 'N'. How can I do this   and automate the task...

  Thanks in advance,

  Joshua
  Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med <A   href="http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html">Yahoo!   Express Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 11:05:57 CDT