Re: Migrating 8i OPS to RAC 9.2

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:02:05 -0700

Heh-heh. Pete as a Company Man. That's one cool picture to have in ones brain :-).

One day, over a beer or twelve, I'll tell you about my various debates and disputes over time with Oracle people. They haven't been few. They haven't been dull. That's how it is if you have an opinion. If you don't have an opinion... well, who cares about you then.

But as I reached the mature age of 42 - and suddenly knew all the answers - I stopped worrying for three reasons:

  1. I'm forgetting a lot of stuff all the time, which helps.
  2. My co-director Lasse always reminds me to consider "What's the worst thing that can happen?" and ...
  3. ...my Icelandic friend Gunnar always asks "Will we remember this when we're sitting in the old people's home?".

So take a virtual whisky with me (Bowmore 12 year in my glass) and let's have a jolly good laugh.

One thing I'd like to point out: I use the term "Oracle people", not "Oracle". Oracle is not a person, and Oracle as such doesn't say anything that I know of. I spend 10 years in Oracle Support and I often heard customers saying "Oracle Support says..." when in fact some supporter had said it. I hate when that happens. It's all about individuals, and who cares about that anyway?

Forget it, Robert, and come back on the list as your old, jolly self.

Let's rock.

Mogens

Freeman Robert - IL wrote:

I'm gonna start callin' ya Pete "Mr. Company Line" Sharman.

Must say I'm rather upset right now... someone on ORACLE-L is making nasty suggestions to Oracle that I am revealing 10i stuff there.... one case where I just happened to mention that I was on the beta (which I should have thought better of granted) and one where I mentioned a feature in 10i, but didn't mention that it was a feature... in fact, I didn't even think of it in those terms when I wrote the article (it was about default user tablespaces). Oracle and I have had some words about that, and I probably irritated them with my words just a bit. I'm just about to give up on this whole Oracle thing I think. :-)

RF

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 25 2003 - 18:02:05 CDT