RE: RE: Fragmentation ?

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:14:06 -0700

Depends ... who you ask ...

If you ask Microsoft
  1. you are fragmented if you have at-least _one_ non-windows server in your corporation   2. Your thinking is fragmented if you are even _considering_ LINUX

If you ask SCO
  1. You are fragmented if you use AIX
  2. You are fragmented if you read every line of GPL

If you ask Oracle Experts

  1. Some will say "Do you have a problem? if none, don't worry"
  2. Some will say "More than x extents is bad" but X varies from 2 to 1024 to 4096
  3. Some will advise use LMT with Uniform extents and live happily there after.

I could think of some political ones, but this is a technical list ... TGIF
Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

> From: "VIVEK_SHARMA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2003/06/13 Fri AM 06:39:36 EDT
> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Fragmentation ?
>
> Dennis , List
> What may be the OTHER forms of fragmentation ?
> What Number of Extents may be considered Critical warranting RE-Organization for Manually Sized Objects existing in LMTs ?

> Thanks for the great paper . Had read it previously though .
> Thanks

message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000 and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank