Re: Fw: 9i doubts

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 15:36:52 -0800

Using this URL:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96536/ch3129.htm#1119281

You can slightly modify that query to look for different types of values.

Or just get them all.

If a layman *ever* asks me *anything* about the SGA, I'll be dumbfounded: at
a total loss of words. I'll probably go catatonic and have to be hauled away.

Jared

<bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 05/09/2003 01:59 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Fw: 9i doubts

Hi and thanks I wasn't expecting a complete query to find out the dynamically sizeable components ,
Ok now answer me this (its a conceptual question) when a layman asks you to
name the components of sga which are dynamically sizeable which ones would you name ?
Would you say

1. shared pool
2. data buffer cache
3. large pool

what about java pool , log buffer cache , etc ? .....

> Yes, a few at a time would be better.
>
> Here's Q1:
>
> The following query will show which SGA components
> are dynamically sizable. I'm fairly sure that these are
> all type 6, as type 6 indicates that the value is a 'big integer'.
>
> select
> name
> , value
> , decode(isdefault, 'TRUE','Y','FALSE','N','?') isdefault
> , decode(
> isses_modifiable
> ,'TRUE','Y'
> ,'FALSE','N'
> ,'?') isses_modifiable
> , decode(
> issys_modifiable
> ,'FALSE','N'
> ,'DEFERRED','D'
> ,'IMMEDIATE','I'
> ,'?') issys_modifiable
> from v$parameter
> where type = 6
> and issys_modifiable != 'FALSE'
> order by name;
>
> Jared
>

> On Monday 05 May 2003 09:37, bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in wrote:
> > Jared I know , I ask too many questions
> > I can try out question 6 and find out
> > Most of the others were theoretical questions
> > I had these doubts after going through the Oracle 9i release 2
> > documentation.
> > If anyone knows anything about these questions please let me know, I
asked
> > a lot of people and read a quite a few manuals
> > Would it be better if I asked a few questions at a time ?

for
9i

Author: <bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in
  INET: bulbultyagi_at_now-india.net.in