RE: RE: Renaming tablespace by updating SYS.TS$

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 15:26:54 -0800

If you have 2 schema's, and you use synonyms to point the app to the current schema, *why* are you renaming the tablespace?

All you have to do is stop doing that. Just use 2 tablespace names and alternate between them. Renaming them is not buying you anything.

Jared

<rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 05/09/2003 02:12 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: RE: Renaming tablespace by updating  SYS.TS$

my fault on the explanation. We also have 2 schemas. One is currently active with a default tablespace of CURRENT_TABLESPACE.

We have an inactive Schema, whose default tablespace becomse NEWTABLESPACE. We then change the synonyms to point to the inactive schema.

Sorry about the confusion.

> From: "Khedr, Waleed" <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
> Date: 2003/05/09 Fri PM 04:29:01 EDT
> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> Subject: RE: RE: Renaming tablespace by updating SYS.TS$
>
> Synonyms point to tables in schemas not Tablespaces.
> My guess is your app is using synonyms that could point to one of two
> schemas that are located in two different Tablespaces.
>
> By the way, you should know that the Tablespace name is also recorded in
the
> file headers, so I consider you lucky so far having no problems.
>
> Waleed

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com