Renaming tablespace by updating SYS.TS$

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 06:32:12 -0800

We are doing this to make our transportable tablespace process simpler. We import the transported tablespace. Drop the old one. Rename the new one.

Anyone else do this? Any pitfuls other than the shock and awe of us touching TS$? I know its not supported.

For those of you who hate this idea, they've been doing it since before I got here. Just looking for outside opinions on this.

RE: explain plans for PL/SQL and transactions

What if I don't have SQL in my pl/sql procedure? OP was trying to find why and where his code was looping. Where in pl/sql code there was wastage.

I have been using 10046 for a couple of years, I have done pl/sol for over 6 years, please show me how using 10046 you would find bad pl/sql when there is no single SQL statement in the code.

I am not doubting you, please educate me.

Raj
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com
All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.
Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net