RE: Opinions request - Oracle on WIN2K vs Unix

From: Stephane Paquette <stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:42:09 -0800

It is not a switch, small new applications go on SQL Server/Win2k, new big applications are still going to Oracle-AIX.

My idea is if you have scalability problem with Win2K-Oracle then you just move the DB to an AIX box. Things you can not do with Sql Server. We may already face a problem in Sql Server, one table will be many millions of rows quite soon, we'll how it goes.

Stephane

Author: david davis
  INET: ddoralist_at_hotmail.com

Author: Stephane Paquette
  INET: stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca