RE: Linux or W2K

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:26:41 -0800

I agree. In the performance domain, I'm repeatedly horrified to find out that a routine syscall in the Windows kernel can require 2x to 5x more CPU service than the corresponding syscall in Linux.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:
- Hotsos Clinic 101 in London, Reykjavik, Ottawa, Dallas, Washington, Denver, Sydney
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details... - IOUG-A Live 2003, Orlando, 10am Monday 28 April: "Oracle Operational Timing Data"

Author: Rodd Holman
  INET: roddholman_at_hotpop.com

Author: Cary Millsap