RE: Uncle Larry may get his way, to the poor house that is!

From: Nelson Flores <nflores_at_intec.cl>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:41:39 -0800

All this depends on if larry can make his way into newer markets. Lately Oracle as been expanding into newer NON-DB orientated business, but the high costs associated are a severe problem. Oracle Corp. has to make a dent in the less expensive areas of the IT market if it wants to compete with the up and coming GNU world.
Itīs going to be a tough call, but if he doesn't make it, then other companies are going to take his market share... C'mon Larry... Make Oracle into GNU Oracle ... Yeah ... right... Like that's going to happen ....;)

Nelson Flores
Project Manager
INTEC   -----Mensaje original-----
De: Johnson, Michael [mailto:Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil] Enviado el: Martes, 22 de Abril de 2003 19:07 Para: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Asunto: RE: Uncle Larry may get his way, to the poor house that is!

As someone who follows the stock markets and business very closely, I saw an article the other day about how Oracle is no longer a growth company. Most of their revenue now is in license renewal fees only and the upcoming product lines are slim to nil. Revenue and earnings growth may have seen its better days and everybody complains about how expensive the products are. After getting torn up in the bear market, ORCL is trying to rebuild, but this stock remains very weak. Perhaps if it can get above 13.5 it could be considered. I dont know guys ... this stock may end like

SUNW and flounder around for years not doing a whole lot.     I would
actually consider shorting ORCL if it drops below 11.5.
Author: Nelson  Flores
  INET: nflores_at_intec.cl