Re: Large databases

From: Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:25:41 -0800

Hello,

So it is true that tables can be (or should be less than 4 columns). This makes the database an academe's dream since all academics care about is theoretically correct database design.

BUT, don't you think it is very hard to maintain? Having about 10 tables instead of one. I have been involved in software development for a while and I do know that the KISS rule applies. If you make things too properly designed, then it will be too hard to keep it proper and a lot of bugs will show up since the system becomes too complicated to be understood by the common joe developer.

I better tell that Access DBA he was right after all.

--
Lyndon Tiu

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Lyndon Tiu INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).