RE: Large databases and MS Access

From: Pardee, Roy E <roy.e.pardee_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:09:16 -0800

I'm not familiar w/the missing right parens problem you mention. It's got its warts, no doubt--security of the physical datafiles is certainly one of them--the lack of triggers is another. But in its space--local and lan-based, single-tier apps w/relatively small volumes of data and/or low numbers of concurrent writing users, it can make for very decent solutions.

There are projects for which msaccess is woefully inadequate. There are also projects for which a full-blown oracle app is overkill. If prejudice and available talent don't preclude you from considering either option, you have a better chance at giving the project its due.

Cheers,

-Roy

Roy Pardee
Programmer/Analyst
SWFPAC Lockheed Martin IT
Extension 8487

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

Author: Pardee, Roy E
  INET: roy.e.pardee_at_lmco.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Apr 16 2003 - 16:09:16 CDT