RE: OEM Events

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:28:23 -0800

Once a day is good enough if you have set the right thresholds -- among the other monitoring scripts that I have are :

tablespace with less than 20% free space on current datafile sizes [irrespective of the maxbytes of the datafile],

segments with extents > 25% of max_extents [yes, this is a really low threshold]

segments with next_extent > 25% of largest free extent in the tablespace.

Run by custom SQL scripts, called by CRON from a monitoring server.

Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
My personal web site is : http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: Hemant K Chitale