Re: Statspack reliability

From: Bjørn Engsig <bjorn_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 04:53:39 -0800

Its probably internal 4 byte integers that wrap around. All the X$ tables on which the V$ views are build really are simple integers internally, but they are externalised to Oracle numbers without any check for wrapping.

/Bjørn.

--
Bjørn Engsig, Miracle A/S
Member of Oak Table Network <http://www.oaktable.net>