Export/import problems with Oracle 9.2.0.3

From: Ron Cetnar <RCetnar_at_uamail.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:58:42 -0800

I am having a problem with export/import on Oracle 9.2.0.3. Problem is with REPCAT tables, views etc
Owned by system.
On import getting the following message:

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 2264 encountered ORA-02264: name already used by an existing constraint
. . importing table "REPCAT$_AUDIT_COLUMN" 0 rows imported
. . importing table "REPCAT$_COLUMN_GROUP" 0 rows imported
. . importing table "REPCAT$_CONFLICT" 0 rows imported
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 2264:

 "ALTER TABLE "REPCAT$_CONFLICT" ADD CONSTRAINT "REPCAT$_CONFLICT_C1" CHECK
("
 "conflict_type_id in (1, 2, 3)) ENABLE NOVALIDATE"
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 2264 encountered ORA-02264: name already used by an existing constraint
. . importing table "REPCAT$_DDL" 0 rows imported
. . importing table "REPCAT$_EXCEPTIONS" 0 rows imported
. . importing table "REPCAT$_EXTENSION" 0 rows imported
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 2264:  "ALTER TABLE "REPCAT$_EXTENSION" ADD CONSTRAINT "REPCAT$_EXTENSION_CODE" CHE"    Oracle tech is referring me to note 1083766.6. That states
  1. Global names have to be different
  2. exec dbms_defer_sys.delete_error(null,null)
  3. exec sys.dbms_defer_sys.delete_tran(null,null)
  4. Do an export of all users except for system.
  5. Import all users.

 Now there was never a problem with import/export in prior versions of Oracle.
 Going from 8.1.7 export and import into a 9.2.0.3 empty instance there are no errors.
 But go from a 9i to 9i we get the import errors. We are running both instance
 a AIX 4.3.3 server. So everything is the same.

 My question is has anyone encounter this problem. If so, what was your solution to
 get around this. Oracle tech states that we have to live with this, or shell I state him
 "Welcome to Oracle 9i".

 Thanks

 Ron Cetnar DBA
 SUNY Albany
 rcetnar_at_uamail.albany.edu

Ron Cetnar
Supervising Programmer/Analyst/Oracle DBA University Applications Development

State University of New York at Albany
MSC 100
1400 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12222