RE: custom OEM tcl scripts

From: <Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:38:47 -0800

John,

You can create custom tcl jobs which act like events in that they can monitor something and raise/clear alerts on the event pane. Look up unsolicited events in the on-line help system. (I don't have the diagnostic pack, and don't have a file called alert_custom.tcl. I don't think the event system supports the level of customization that you're looking for, but I'm not sure.)

One of our tcl scripts monitors the alert log. When it discovers an error message, it displays an alert to the event pane (displays the actual error message to the event viewer log). OEM keeps a history of server errors until I clear them. I also have some proactive type SQL jobs that also write messages to the alert log (a trick I learned from this list), and those messages are also picked up and displayed by the tcl same tcl job.

Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like more info. chaim

"Baylis, John" <JBaylis_at_mail.canfor.ca>@fatcity.com on 04/09/2003 01:34:09 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Does anyone have any procedures or can explain how I can implement a custom tcl script for Oracle 9.i?

I would like to create a new alert using an event similar to the test available for 'database\Fault\alert'

The 'database\Fault\alert' uses the tcl script \ora92\network\agent\events\oracle\rdbms\fault\alert.tcl

I would like to use
\ora92\network\agent\events\oracle\rdbms\fault\alert_custom.tcl

alert_custom.tcl looks for specific messages in the alert log

How can I implement this? Is there a way to get it to appear in the 'create events\tests' window?

Any help would be appreciated

John Baylis
Database Administrator
Canadian Forest Products Ltd.
Vancouver B.C. Canada

(604) 697-6476 (Office)
(604) 313-6054 (Cell)

  INET: Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com