RE: custom OEM tcl scripts

From: Baylis, John <JBaylis_at_mail.canfor.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:34:10 -0800

Does anyone have any procedures or can explain how I can implement a custom tcl script for Oracle 9.i?

I would like to create a new alert using an event similar to the test available for 'database\Fault\alert'

The 'database\Fault\alert' uses the tcl script \ora92\network\agent\events\oracle\rdbms\fault\alert.tcl

I would like to use
\ora92\network\agent\events\oracle\rdbms\fault\alert_custom.tcl

alert_custom.tcl looks for specific messages in the alert log

How can I implement this? Is there a way to get it to appear in the 'create events\tests' window?

Any help would be appreciated

John Baylis
Database Administrator
Canadian Forest Products Ltd.