RE: 65 Oracle security papers, articles and presentations

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:48:51 -0800

Won't help:

SQL> create user test identified by test;

User created.

SQL> grant create session to test;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect test/test
Connected.
SQL> alter user test identified by fred;

User altered.

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> revoke alter session from test;
revoke alter session from test
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01952: system privileges not granted to 'TEST'

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

Author: Pete Sharman
  INET: peter.sharman_at_oracle.com