RE: 9i startup on Linux

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 08:28:41 -0800

Well, there is this little file called "/etc/oratab" and the dbca leaves a value of "N" in the last field.
The allowed values are "N" for No, "Y" for Yes and M for Maybe. The last field is there to determine
whether dbstart should start the oracle instance or not. The value of "M" is applicable only to
Win2k versions. If there is "N" in the /etc/oratab, dbstart will not start that database.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Apr 03 2003 - 10:28:41 CST