RE: enterprise manager console and sqlplus worksheet can't work

From: Mohammed Shakir <mshakir08816_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:04:13 -0800

I installed Jdeveloper 9.x on oracle 9.0.1.3 and did not have a problem with OEM or SQL worksheet. I believe, you need to install it in a separate directory. Also it does not give you any startup Icon or put the Jdeveloper in Start and program menu, so you need to start from the directory.
--- Pradip_Biswas_at_Dell.com wrote:
> If it is NT/2000 platform, Oracle installer normally screws up the
> registry entries, for example TNS_ADMIN in registry etc.
> Some product also screws up "DLL" ( specially microsoft DLL) files ,
> if
> installed in the same "oracle Home" ( overwrite good DLLs with new
> but
> incompatible DLL) .
> 1. See, if OLD TNS_ADMIN is overridden by new TNS_ADMIN. Copy old
> stuff
> into the tnsnames.ora of new TNS_ADMIN. You will be lucky if this is
> the
> case.
> 2. Deinstall and reinstall all of the stuff in seperate home. Lots of
> work. In between install(s), you can export registry entries for
> backup
> and compare.
> 3. Some products have to be in same oracle home and will still screw
> up.
> In that case call Oracle :). Meanwhile, you can again deinstall
> everything and try, change the order of install of the product. I am
> assuming here that you have no other work!!!!, but do these over and
> over again.
>
> Pradip

Mohammed Shakir
CompuSoft, Inc.