RE: enterprise manager console and sqlplus worksheet can't work

From: <Pradip_Biswas_at_Dell.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 01:03:36 -0800

If it is NT/2000 platform, Oracle installer normally screws up the registry entries, for example TNS_ADMIN in registry etc. Some product also screws up "DLL" ( specially microsoft DLL) files , if installed in the same "oracle Home" ( overwrite good DLLs with new but incompatible DLL) .
1. See, if OLD TNS_ADMIN is overridden by new TNS_ADMIN. Copy old stuff into the tnsnames.ora of new TNS_ADMIN. You will be lucky if this is the case.
2. Deinstall and reinstall all of the stuff in seperate home. Lots of work. In between install(s), you can export registry entries for backup and compare.
3. Some products have to be in same oracle home and will still screw up. In that case call Oracle :). Meanwhile, you can again deinstall everything and try, change the order of install of the product. I am assuming here that you have no other work!!!!, but do these over and over again.

Pradip

Author: liujd
  INET: liujd_at_cti.ac.cn

  INET: Pradip_Biswas_at_Dell.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Mar 27 2003 - 03:03:36 CST