Re: HP-UX 11i/8.1.7.4/login.sql

From: Chip <ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:28:47 -0800

Personally, I use a modification of Tom Kyte's sql*plus setup from "Expert One-On-One Oracle" (book publisher bankrupt):

In sql*plus I now use @connect user... instead of connect user... The Connect.sql script saves any SQL in the buffer, changes the prompt, displays database version info, and restores the SQL into the buffer. If the connection fails (e.g. bad password), the SQL> prompt appears.

Have Fun :)

Author: Chip
  INET: ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net