Oracle Vs DB2

From: <JayK_at_ibsplc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:51:03 +0530

This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0033684765256CF3_=

Dear All,

Strange as it seems, my client has asked me to compare Oracle with DB2 with regard to all the DB
functional aspects. They are more inclined towards DB2 and we have the application built on Oracle.
We are in for a one-to-one comparison based on the features that we already have in Oracle and
that are in use in our application. For eg, function based indexes, table clustering, RAC, partitioning
(of all kinds - list,range,hash), External tables, to name a few.

I would really appreciate if anyone can throw some light into this. Links to any sites would also be
helpful. We dont have much time for this activity, so please help us. I havent worked in DB2 as well
which is the biggest bottleneck that I face.

Best Regards
Jai
--=_alternative 0033684765256CF3_=

Best Regards<br>
Jai</font> Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 03:21:03 CST