Amt of Training to be considered "up to date"

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:49:10 -0800

I am fishing for a standard from an official source -- is there a set number of weeks per year of IT training one requires to "stay up to date" in our field? In IT in general?

This is Canadian Income Tax phraseology, maybe the same thing exists in the U.S for the IRS (?).

If anyone has an official reference somewhere on how many weeks of IT training we need per year to stay up-to-date I would appreciate the links.

(The ideal would be if Oracle has a policy or statement re. this that is not
necessarily dependent on Oracle University marketing)

Thanks
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca