Re: TAR and Linux info

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:39:05 -0800

The "man" page for the Linux "tar" command mentions a "--ignore-failed-read" option. Is that what you're looking for? The "ftp" command isn't usually used with tape drives...

Kind of upsetting that Linux doesn't seem to have the trusty old "mt" program, which allowed all kinds of magtape manipulation...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com