9iAS Hardware Questions

From: <David.Schmoldt_at_gazettecommunications.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:29:25 -0800

I have three questions pertaining to the hardware for Oracle 9ias with the infrastructure.

  1. The server we are looking at purchasing comes with a choice of 2 processors. One is a 2.8 GHz with 512KB cache, the other is 2.0 GHz with 2MB cache. Does anybody have any suggestions or experience with the difference between those chips and which would be better for the 9ias environment?
  2. How critical is having multiple drives versus a single drive (besides the system disk) with Oracle 9ias?
  3. We will be licensed for 2 cpus. Would we be better off with one server with 9ias and infrastructure on it with 2 cpus or having 2 servers with one cpu each splitting up the infrastructure from the application server?

Roland Fay
Database Administrator
Gazette Communications
500 3rd Ave SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
319-399-5985

  INET: David.Schmoldt_at_gazettecommunications.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Mar 07 2003 - 11:29:25 CST