RE: investigating database lockup

From: Rich Holland <holland_at_guidancetech.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:38:38 -0800

Did you happen to dig up the ML note number for Steve? I'd be interested in reading it; I've had some hangs in < 8.1.7.4 systems that I've "fixed" by rebooting. Getting out and slamming all the doors seemed to fix things, but I *HATE* those solutions, never knowing the root cause of the problem....

Also, if you have any pointers to more info about using oradebug in general, that would be helpful; I haven't ever used this tool, though it sounds incredibly useful. :)

Thanks!
Rich

Author: Rich Holland
  INET: holland_at_guidancetech.com