Moving data in 8.1.5.0

From: donald.holloway <Donald.Holloway_at_wcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:19:14 -0800

Any one,

I have a Compaq Tru64 Unix server with an Oracle 8.1.5.0 RDBMS on it. I have over 2tb's of raw-disk (1 gb chunks) of database storage that is comprised in 4 separate volumes(emcxxx).

We upgrading the storage (1 volume at a time) and I am trying to see if there is a better option than exporting and importing. The storage is assigned in a non-contiguous manner, so there are tablespaces that have storage attached from all the storage volumes, which makes this very difficult. I was thinking about transportable tablespaces but I am using partition tables in this database.

Any thoughts from someone who has ran into this challenge would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
D. Holloway

Author: donald.holloway
  INET: Donald.Holloway_at_wcom.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 10:19:14 CST