update slow and EJB timesout

From: Basavaraja, Ravindra <Ravindra.Basavaraja_at_T-Mobile.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:53:26 -0800

Hi,

I have and update statement (called my a procedure which will inturn be invoked by an EJB) that will mark a record for deletion(set a column as Y). Records marked for deletion will not be picked up for display on the JSP page.This will affect only 1 record in the table and takes about 30 seconds  to execute as a procedure or just as a single update statement.When called as a procedure from the EJB the EJB will timeout and the jsp page goes blank screen before it gets the response from the procedure(the return paratemter is a code and message).But even when it goes blank the procedure is executed at the database level.

Contradictily when I isssue an update statement to revert the record marked for deletion i.e change the value of the column to N it is executed very fast.

We have some cases when the transaction to add a record is done on the jsp page which calls the EJB to execute a procedure that will affect quite a few number of records(not too big in number) takes long long time(about 2-3 minutes before EJB timesout).But the procedure gets executed at the database level even if the EJB that invoked the procedure timesout.

All the above cases were working earlier.What could be the problem with EJB timing out and the duration the procedure is taking to be executed.

Thanks

Author: Basavaraja, Ravindra
  INET: Ravindra.Basavaraja_at_T-Mobile.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 16:53:26 CST