RE: Plain Old Database

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:45:40 -0800

The Apache shipped with the Oracle database has mod perl, mod ssl, and mod plsql installed into it, but is AFAIK a stock Apache distribution otherwise. It includes stuff for JSP's as well. You can't put an i in your name if you don't have web stuff and as we all know Oracle is unbreakable, so security isn't an issue.

Allan

From: Jay Hostetter [mailto:jhostetter_at_decommunications.com] Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 1:10 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

  I am preparing to migrate from 8.1.7 to 9.0.2. I was just wondering if I am the only DBA that doesn't like all of this other "stuff" in my database - Ultrasearch, Intermedia, Oracle Text, and XML. I used dbca to generate my database creation scripts, so I could understand what the tool is doing to create the database. I've gone through and commented out these things that we won't be using. Am I in left field on this, or are others installing these options/products "in case" they need them later on (assuming you don't have an immediate need for them)? Same question for the http listener - are most dbas installing it and using it?

  Just curious.

Thanks,
Jay

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 16:45:40 CST