RE: [new info] Redhat Advanced Server Dev Edition - RAC

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:15:08 -0800

Joe,

Moving a 11i environment to RAC to 'fix' performance issues will only worsen it IMHO. Apps 11i is a complex beast, with a lot of cross-functional queries as well as a hard-hit central set of tables belong to the AOL. You can bet that there will be a ton of cross-instance pinging - albeit over the wire - if the divvying up is not done carefully..

Just my 2c - and I may soon be available for tuning such a 11i instance (hint! hint!)

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do know who holds my future!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com