RE: _allow_resetlogs_corruption

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:28:39 -0800

Sujatha,

There is never, ever, ever, ever, a perfect time to use _allow_resetlogs_corruption.
Never ever. The results of such an operation may not be known for hours, days or weeks.
Look which datafile it is that needs recovery, system01.dbf... which means that if you
force open the database you could (could) end up with an inconsistent data dictionary.
It gives me the willies everytime someone suggests the use of this parameter. If your
recovery strategy is such that you can not conveniently recover your database in cases
like this, then it's time to seriously rethink the strategy.

Cheers!!

RF

Author: Sujatha Madan
  INET: Sujatha.Madan_at_cmc.optus.net.au