RE: Changed execution plans..

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:28:37 -0800

Thanks Cary... I've actually considered most of those already. This isn't my database, I'm coming in to help someone else. In this case, the database schema was accidentally dropped, and recovered from an export. I'm wondering if the import might have created blocks that are packed more densely and that this might be the cause of the problem. I'm told the parameters are the same, that the physical structure is the same, they are not using stored outlines and the SQL has not been changed. No patches have been applied, so it's apples for apples with the exception of the statistics and, possibly, the data density. They have some old stored statistics that they generated pre-schema drop that they are supposed to send me, so I'm going to look at that tomorrow and run a 10053 trace on one of the changed queries and see what I can find. I was just wondering if I could be missing something obvious..... Seems like that is just the way, it's the obvious things that get missed... :-)

Thanks so much for your comments!

RF

Author: Robert Freeman
  INET: robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com

Author: Cary Millsap
  INET: cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com

Author: Robert Freeman
  INET: robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Jan 19 2003 - 22:28:37 CST