OEM 9.2: scheduling a report to run on predefined intervals

From: Kaing, Leng <Leng.Kaing_at_team.telstra.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:13:39 -0800

Hello again,

All OEM experts, help! I'm stuck, again :-(

I've created several reports and able to "View Report" on an adhoc basis. What I'd like to do now is to schedule the report to run on a regular basis. But I can't seem to figure out the tricks behind it.

In the "Publish" tab of the reports defination dialog, I've clicked on "Only when scheduled" radio button, and then the "Schedule..." button.

The "Create Job" Dialog box comes up. By default I get a target type of "node". So I change it to "Database" and pick the database name I want. In the "Tasks" tab, I don't know what to select. I've selected "Trigger Report Generation" from the list of "Available Tasks" and entered the report name. The job is scheduled to run immediately. But fails soon enough with this:

"VNI-2015 : The Node preferred credentials for the target node are either invalid or do not have sufficient privileges to complete the operation. On Windows platforms, the Node credentials specified for the Windows target should have the "Logon as a batch job" privilege."

The target database and OMS are on Unix. The target database is 8.1.7. OEM repository is on 9i. But reside on different hosts.

I'm simply trying to submit a report that can already be run interactively to run on a scheduled basis. It shouldn't be this hard!!!

TIA, Leng.

Leng Kaing
Email: leng.kaing_at_team.telstra.com
Phone: +61-417-371-348

Author: Kaing, Leng
  INET: Leng.Kaing_at_team.telstra.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sun Jan 19 2003 - 22:13:39 CST