Re: redo log file setup with mirrored drives

From: Guang Mei <zlmei_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:34:11 -0800

Hi:

I am the original poster and thanks for all your inputs on this topic. Now I know more about what "might" happen if something goes wrong. The main purpose of we thinking doing this was to gain some performance. We have a weekly schema imp process which takes about a day to finish. We hope by eliminating redo log multiplex, but with OS mirroring we can speed up this loading process. We are going to do some tests to see how much we would gain.

BTW, our unix system admin is very good, I can trust him that we would never delete any redo log files or any oracle files.

So the only "practical danger" is that the redo file might get corrupted. This means we need to balance the "performance" vs "file curruption".

Thanks again.

Guang

Author: Guang Mei
  INET: zlmei_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 10:34:11 CST