RE: Unkillable Background process "SHUTDOWN ABORT LEAVES UNKILLAB

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:53:28 -0800

Hi Stephen,

Sun Clustering basically quite simple (I think) :) an Oracle user dedicated to this software use to monitor (do query for certain system tables) the existence of the db if anything wrong than this so call fault monitoring will do shutdown abort and release the mount points for second node to do startup pfile=....

the problem is shutdown abort successful but the mounted points cannot be unmount because of those UNKILLED background processes.

I think sun clustering shuold add this
if cannot release mount point then do "STOP A" follow by power off, right ?

Sinardy

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: slee_at_dollar.com

Author: Sinardy Xing