RE: Relation Between Oracle Sessions

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:28:38 -0800

Hussain,

   This is just from the top of my head and therefore requires careful checking, but I presume that if you are not using MTS then the 2nd generation session must be initiated by your shadow process (hope you are under Unix!). V$SESSION holds the OS process id of the program on the 'client side' (eq sqlplus), and V$PROCESS contains the details about the shadow processes (SADDR lets you link with V$SESSION). This is where I would have a look. If my theory is right, the 'middle generation' process id should be both in V$SESSION and V$PROCESS.

HTH Stephane Faroult

Author: Stephane Faroul
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com