[Q] wield create view error, need help?

From: dist cash <mccdba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:13:34 -0800

I have ORACLE 8.1.7 on SUn Server. I have wield problem on create view. If I only use "select ..", I don't have error. But if I use "createor replace view ..select ...", I got error and I have DBA right. The statement are:

SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DBE_SYNONYMS ( OWNER,   2 SYNONYM_NAME, TABLE_OWNER, TABLE_NAME, DB_LINK,   3 CREATED, STATUS ) AS select u.name, o.name, s.owner, s.name, s.node, o.ctime,
  4 from sys.user$ u, sys.syn$ s, sys.obj$ o   5 where o.obj# = s.obj#
  6 and o.type#=5
  7 and o.owner#=u.user#
  8 .
SQL> /
from sys.user$ u, sys.syn$ s, sys.obj$ o

                                  *

ERROR at line 4:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

SQL> select u.name, o.name, s.owner, s.name, s.node, o.ctime, o.status   2 from sys.user$ u, sys.syn$ s, sys.obj$ o   3 where o.obj# = s.obj#
  4 and o.type#=5
  5 and o.owner#=u.user#
  6 .
SQL> /

NAME                           NAME
OWNER                          NAME
NODE

CTIME STATUS
PUBLIC                         DUAL
SYS                            DUAL

20-SEP-02          1

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp

Author: dist cash
  INET: mccdba_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 23 2002 - 19:13:34 CDT