RE: [Q] wield create view error, need help?

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:18:06 -0800

Grant privileges on v_$sysstat

                    "dist cash"
                    <mccdba_at_hotma        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    il.com>              cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     RE: [Q] wield create view error, need help?
                    root_at_fatcity.
                    com

                    October 24,
                    2002 04:14 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    ORACLE-L

Thank you for your help. I follow your instruction and granr privilege. It
fixed me a lot of errors. Currently, I have another problem still create view problem.

SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW WWV_DBA_SGA ( COMPONENT_GROUP,   2 MEMORY_SIZE_IN_BYTES ) AS select name component_group, bytes memory_size_in_bytes from v$sgastat
  3 .
SQL> /
MEMORY_SIZE_IN_BYTES ) AS select name component_group, bytes memory_size_in_bytes from v$sgastat

*
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I tried to grant privilege and got error:

SQL> grant select on sys.v$sgastat to portal30; grant select on sys.v$sgastat to portal30

                    *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02030: can only select from fixed tables/views

Do you have ideal how to fix this problem?

Thanks

  INET: Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 16:18:06 CDT