Re: standby database question.

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:54:14 -0800

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 08:49:49AM -0800, Tim Gorman wrote:
> Correct.
>
> ...though you can achieve the same thing in 8i by running the SQL*Plus or
> SvrMgr process in a "backgrounded" script. Stopping the backgrounded script
> is easy using the RECOVER CANCEL command from any other session...

I accomplish this with the gnu screen command. It is a pretty nice addon that lets you detach/reattach/multiplex tty sessions. I use this alot for long running commands and what to go home and check on them later.

http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/screen.html

Ray Stell   stellr_at_vt.edu     (540) 231-4109     KE4TJC    28^D
Author: Ray Stell
  INET: stellr_at_cns.vt.edu