Re: Storage Recommendations

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 06:43:45 -0800

Anjo,

I'm pretty sure Jared would let you advertise papers you wrote as well as papers written by others!

We are installing new servers, new data center, new apps, new databases. I have been given NO input into the decision-making process, other than to tell them how large my databases will be.

At least 6 of the databases will be on the same server, although it will be partitioned into domains. All 6 are critical and need to be fast. All 6 will be sharing the same EMC Symmetrix disks.

The only saving grace in all this that I can see is that my title is development DBA and the company we hired to manage staging and production has told me that it is THEIR responsibility, not mine, to monitor not just infrastructure but also system/app/database performance.

It's going to be fun to watch the fireworks and know I don't have to put on my firefighting gear.

Small favors, for which I have made appropriate sacrifices to the gods :)

Rachel

Do you Yahoo!?
Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos & More http://faith.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael