RE: cpu on AIX

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 06:33:41 -0800

Henry - One idea for you to try is to "nice" the import job when you start it. Check your O.S. documentation for available values. This has helped me on some jobs that have tended to overwhelm the online users. Just a thought. Good luck, sounds as if you may have other system problems.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Henry Poras
  INET: hporas_at_etal.URI.EDU

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 09:33:41 CDT