RE: Unix script to stop password-protected listener

From: Choudhary Rajendra (TTL_LKO) <rajan_at_telco.co.in>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 23:08:23 -0800

Hi ,

       We can very well protect the Server side executables by changing the permission of the

       file . We had implemented this on all our database sites and normal user don't have access

       to lsnrctl,svrmgrl,namesctl etc .You can also protect the listener.ora file by changing the

       permission to 770 or 700 as applicable to your environment . The sqlnet.ora file need to

       be given read access to all and also the tnsnames.ora file (If you have not gone for nameserver) .

Regards
Rajendra

Author: Choudhary Rajendra (TTL_LKO)
  INET: rajan_at_telco.co.in
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 02:08:23 CDT