Re: Unix script to stop password-protected listener

From: Michal Zaschke <zaschke_at_suas.cz>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 01:53:35 -0800

Yes, you can change your listener.ora file permission up to 600 on the server side. In a shell script you can then use encrypted password found in listener.ora on line PASSWORDS_<listener>.

lsnrctl <<EOF
set password C6C144CF750E3CA5
stop
exit
EOF If the password is not in the listener.ora file, run lsnrctl, set password manualy and execute SAVE_CONFIG. This will write a line into your listener.ora file with the encrypted password.

HTH,
       Mike

"Choudhary Rajendra (TTL_LKO)" píše:

> Hi ,
> We can very well protect the Server side executables by changing the
> permission of the
> file . We had implemented this on all our database sites and normal
> user don't have access
> to lsnrctl,svrmgrl,namesctl etc .You can also protect the
> listener.ora file by changing the
> permission to 770 or 700 as applicable to your environment . The
> sqlnet.ora file need to
> be given read access to all and also the tnsnames.ora file (If you
> have not gone for nameserver) .
>
> Regards
> Rajendra

 Ing. Michal Zaschke