RE: How can I change Oracle as well as NT Domain passwords

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:28:18 -0800

If you are Oracle Applications 11.5, look at the FNDCPASS utility. This allows you to change application user passwords from the command line. They have also exposed password change functionality in the FND_USER_PK (I think thats the name). You would need to roll your own interface into whatever single sign-on mechanism you use.

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs. -- Kernighan

                      root_at_fatcity.com
                                               To:       ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                      09/20/02 03:33 PM        cc:
                      Please respond to        Subject:  RE: How can I change Oracle as well as NT Domain
                      ORACLE-L                  passwords

Thanks for responding

I need to change oracle application user's password from within application. I also need to change same user's W2K/NT domain account password whenever that user changes their password in oracle application. Hope I am clear here.

Appreciate your response

and Thanks a ton in advance

Shiva B

Author: Baswannappa, Shiva
  INET: SXBaswan_at_dcss.com

Author: Johnson, Michael
  INET: Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil

Author: Baswannappa, Shiva
  INET: SXBaswan_at_dcss.com

Author: Ron Thomas
  INET: rthomas_at_hypercom.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Sep 20 2002 - 18:28:18 CDT